Villa Park Rss

History of Villa Park Town

As the Midwestern areas surrounding Chicago developed over the course of the 19th century, Villa Park slowly began to evolve from farmland into a complete village. The area was farmed by German immigrants for generations, and began its modern transformation when railroads began to run through the area in the wake of the Civil War.

Early in the 20th century, a variety of residential construction led to the development of subdivisions. In 1908, the Villa Park subdivision emerged and began to grow – several residential areas merged and formally merged as a village by 1917. Major residential development was led by prominent Chicago developers, as well as a variety of commercial interests.

Over the next decade, growth in the suburban area boomed – residents from Chicago and surrounding areas began to develop local communities and Villa Park emerged as a major hub for residential development. The city had its own Trust & Savings Bank by the 1930s, and the community continues to grow in the wake of the Great War.

As a result, the population rose to 20,000 by the 1960s, and the local business community grew, along with municipal developments. Today, there are just over 22,000 residents in the area, which is closely connected to greater suburban Chicago and protected as a historic town by the National Register of Historic places.

Post a comment